One Trick Pony

For the last fifteen or so years I've been living with a bunch of dead guys at a motel in West Texas. Like the characters in my stories, I'd really like to move on, see the world, go places. But I'm just like them. Anchored by love, worn down by circumstances and fascinated by how much there really is underneath it all. So I keep writing their stories and tell myself that someday, when I've got this all out of my system, I'll write deep, meaningful literature about... something else. In the meantime, this is a place for the short attention spanned. I'm making a commitment to keep it small here. Flash fiction and scenes from the life inspired by, The Bella Vista Motel.

Thanks for reading.

Pamila

Monday, February 8, 2010

The Guest Book - 18

"I'm not up for the scenic route," Romeo said, "get to the point." Clark frowned, stared at Romeo for a few moments, rubbed at his unwanted beard, then resumed his story, "It was like this, the little dame was trouble, they liked her, especially next to a guy my size, because she looked... younger, but she was nothing but trouble and it was her that set those guys on the other girl. I didn't mind the artsy stuff so much at first, the other times, regular girls, more normal situations, but she, Dee Dee was her name, she was really dirty in a way that, you know, put me off." Romeo thought, set those guys on the other girl...ahh, Christ... and then suddenly got what the guy meant when he said the girl looked younger next to him... and despite his efforts to keep his temper out of things, he was instantly mad as he said, "Wait a minute, you guys were making smut about underage girls?" Clark protested quickly, "This dame wasn't underage, she was just, undersized, and anyway, I'm telling you I didn't like it, they wanted me to do things that were..." he struggled with how to put it, "unmanly." This was exactly the kind of situation Romeo hated, and he regretted not checking the guy into a room and waiting for the call from Mr. G to punch his ticket, because no doubt about it, this guy was on the schedule, but having given in to the urge to experiment, his thoughts turned back to how to do him quick and clean so he wouldn't have to hear him anymore... maybe a little blood in the kitchen would be worth shutting him up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog has migrated to: Vintage Vice
I'd love it if you'd leave a comment there. Thanks - Pamila